Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Holy FUN, Batman!

Nothing like having a sick kiddo at home to make the world around you come to a screeching halt! That's been me the last 10 days. Today she returned to school, so hopefully we are on our way to a full recovery!

I finally managed to take some pictures of some layouts I have done recently. It seems I go in spurts of creativity...

The first 2 were for challenges I participated in with some friends. The first layout of my dog Charlie we all had the same 2 sheets of Authentique halloween paper and the blue Maya Road ribbon and had to create a layout using all of them. I will say this was truly a CHALLENGE! Was so thankful when I finally stumbled across this picture of my dog. And the rest is history.



The next challenge we came up with was to create a layout using NO patterned paper. (this was my challenge hehe) I used this fabulous stencil from Crafters Workshop, used some embossing enamel and 2 different colors of Zing embossing powder. I LOVE how this came out. The texture is amazing! I also love this photo of my youngest. I love even more when I can capture a photo like that without them knowing I did! 2 points for sneaky mom!


This next layout is just one I created on my own. Love this photo of my youngest playing with makeup one day. Really wanted to make it a fun, colorful layout since she's quite colorful herself!



And finally, this last layout is a new favorite. I ADORE this paper from Amy Tangerine and knew I didn't want to fill up the whole page with a lot of stuff since it would take away from all the goodness already on the paper. This photo worked perfect and I really LOVE the wood veneer happy word. These 2 beauties make me so happy! (yes I did pick out that hammock JUST because of the great colorful stripes!...it might have been on clearance too :)




Thanks for popping in! I'm working on a fun Halloween canvas I hope to post soon! Fingers crossed I can keep my kiddos healthy!

Kristy

No comments: