Thursday, May 16, 2013

Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

I just love when the mojo flows! I took this picture last fall at my daughter's elementary school. They were celebrating Veteran's Day. Since my husband and I are both Veterans, I was especially moved by this display of flags trailing down the hall. I had the photo printed but didn't quite know what I wanted to do with it until I received my May Gossamer Blue kit. When I saw this red paper, I just knew I wanted to use it for this photo.


The only thing not included in the kit were the wood veneer stars from Studio Calico. I wanted the words FREE and BRAVE to really stand out so not only did I use a different color, I also cut each letter 4 times and glued them together to make my own "chipboard" letters.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Andrea Amu said...

That is an awesome photo!
And you are right... perfect paper to pair up with it too!