Sunday, February 22, 2009

the haircut

(click to enlarge)


journaling reads:

It's called the "dorothy hamill" haircut, and if you were a girl in the late 70's. early 80's you might feel my pain. My mother thought this was a cute look for me.

I have no idea what she was thinking!

There is nothing cute about this haircut...unless its on Dorothy Hamill herself.

And yet this was my haircut for a long, long time. Yes, i hated it. Yes, I felt like I looked like a boy.

This was NOT a good look for me. Not everyone can pull off short hairstyles. Not everyone should either. As a mother of 2 girls, I have taken it as my mission to prevent this tragedy from reoccurring. I'm sure I will have the opportunity to scar my girls in another way. Thats just life i guess!

2 comments:

Fink said...

I so remember those haircuts! Hee hee! Sorry for that one!

Andrea Amu said...

Ha! Ha! I can soooo relate! My mom also kept my hairstyle in the "Dorothy Hamil" genre for years! I'll have to dig up one of those "I look like a boy" pix of me, lol! I don't know what our mom's were thinking either.